Dr. S G Hiremath
Prof. and Head, Department of ECE.
One of the major branch of engineering contributing toward the upliftment of humankind is electronics and communication engineering. The technological contributions in the field of Telecommunication Engineering, Medical Electronics, Multimedia, Robotics, and Automotives are a few examples where this branch has left its footprints on the world map.
For the last two decades, this branch has occupied and contributed remarkably and this department equally to be a part of nation-building and creating ambiance to the new horizon.
The Department has state-of-the-art laboratories and well-designed skill-based Laboratories, which can cater to the needs related to EMBEDDED SYSTEM and allied areas of AI-based IoT. Students are enriched with this technical knowledge and expertise in identified domains.
The Department prides itself as a destination of choice for students aspiring to be efficient engineers and entrepreneurs. The Department has a heritage of providing educational excellence from the time of its inception and has a consistent track record of placing students with more than 90% in reputed industries and institutions/ Research organizations of National importance.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering provides the perfect middle ground to equip with all the necessary skills to attain a wide variety of carrier options.
- Electronics and communication have a foot in every door which gives broad domain knowledge of electronics, functional understanding of coding, and how to utilize it in tandem with electronics.
- The department established training the students in the field of electronics since 2001. Most of the students are contributing throughout the world and their contribution can be seen at the national level in many public sectors, research organizations, and defense sectors like DRDO, ISRO, etc & most of the fortune 500 companies.
- The college has equally supported by providing state-of-the-art laboratories designed and applied for the student community, the hands-on experience in VLSI, SOC, IMAGE PROCESSING, EMBEDDED SYSTEM, and allied areas of signal processing. Students are enriched with this technological knowledge and expertise in identified domains.
- For the last five decades, this branch has occupied and contributed remarkably and this department equally to be a part of nation-building and creating ambiance to the new horizon.