About the Department
The department has excellent infrastructure which includes laboratories with updated equipment, Civil Engineering software,departmental library, seminar halls.The department is organizing various curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities like seminars, Exhibitions, Industrial visits, expert talkswhich enables to enhance the knowledge and skills in students.The graduating students of the department have grabbed 01 gold medal and 02 ranks in UG and 06gold medal and 17ranks in PG till date in Visvesvaraya Technological University Convocations. Our department is member of various professional bodies like Indian Concrete Institute, Association of Consulting Civil Engineers, Institution of Engineers (INDIA), Indian Water Works Association, Academy of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers. We have signed MOU with 9 industries.
Many projects of our facultyhave been funded by various agencies like AICTE, DST, VTU, VGST. Many Patents are been registered by our faculty. We are also happy to announce that our student projects have been selected forVTU (Avishkar), VTU-(Financial assistance),KSCST-SPP…etc. The students are molded with multi-dimensional skillsets covering all the required graduate attributes. More focus is emphasized on practical learning, projects, and research.The academic activities of the Department lays emphasis on deep understanding of fundamental concepts, development of creative ability to handle the challenges of Civil Engineering and the analytical ability to solve engineering problems which are interdisciplinary in nature.
To be an Institute of Academic Excellence in Technical and Management Education on par with global standards to meet changing needs of the Society.
- To impart quality technical education that nurtures the young minds by providing the best of teaching learning process and state of the art infrastructure.
- To foster technological advancement through research.
- To inculcate holistic personality development through best practices.
- To implant ethical and social commitment that grooms the students to become responsible citizens.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
|PEO1||To identify, analyse, formulate and solve the challenges faced in the real world.|
|PEO2||To work professionally as a responsible citizen to cater the problems that account for economics, environment, ethical and societal considerations by applying acquired Civil Engineering knowledge.|
|PEO3||Effectively practice Civil Engineering to serve local, regional, state, national, international industries and government agencies.|
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
|PSO1||Graduates will be proficient in problem identification, formulation, analysis, design, execution, optimization of cost, time, quality and safety using appropriate tools in the area of Civil Engineering.|
|PSO2||Graduates will be responsible towards the society with solutions to various Civil Engineering problems focusing on sustainable development upholding principles of management and professional ethics.|
- Till date Civil Engineering Department students have bagged 7 Gold Medals and 19 ranks awarded by VTU.
- Department ICI-Student chapter has been awarded as “ICI (BENC)- ULTRATECH AWARD FOR Best ICI Student Chapter of Karnataka-2021”.
- Our proud alumni Mr.Harshit S, has been awarded with prestigious “Ekalavya Award” for his achievements In Sports from Government of Karnataka for the year 2016.
- Department Of Civil Engineering has secured 1st Place In College Cultural Fest “Aakriti-DCP" consecutively for 3 years (2017, 2018, 2019).
- Students of 6th semester has won II place in State level Inter College Poster Presentation organized by DSATM on the account of World Environmental Day-2022.